Re: [IP] Guess what pump company

>i'm sure animas is a great company, but for the record, i have to brag a
>bit about disetronic's customer service. when a suspected pump problem
>sent me to the emergency room with high blood sugar (turned out to be a
>result of the flu i had at the time) they overnighted another pump TO MY
>HOSPITAL ROOM and sent me packaging and postage to get mine back to them
>and checked out. they've called me on my 3 month and 6 month pumping
>anniversaries to congratulate me and ask how things were going. i am a
>technological nimrod but they have answered every question and problem
>i've ever presented ("um, hi, disetronic? i think i just broke the
>infusion set off in the adapter...") and i think they are just great.
>can't wait until they come out with a pump that's smaller than the h-tron,
>but in the mean time i am deeply in love with vladimir and leopold =).
>disetronic is also great about working with my docs at the diabetes
>institute in norfolk. together, they make a great team. yay diset! ronic!
>becky (dx'd 1/24/92 at age 11, pumping since 11/21/01)

Wow, I wish they would have offered me packaging and postage when I called
to ask about sending my pump back to them to be checked out when I
discovered hairline cracks in the housing.  I had to pay $15.00 to send it
to them and when I called before hand they acted like "oh well, that's the
price you got to pay"...  The only person at Disetronic who seemed to care
how I was doing was my rep, but he's no longer with the company.