[IP] Re: TV Program and Dave's Diary

In a message dated 6/27/02 7:18:55 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< << Does anyone remember a Diabetes Information program that was broadcast
a cable health network around 1993-94?  It was shown on Sunday mornings
around 9:00 a.m.  We moved and our new cable company did not carry that
network. The host wore an insulin pump.
I remember that show.  I think the host was Scott King! >>

Are you sure?  I remember I had wondered if it might be, and then decided
not, but I don't now remember why.

LOL  So while we're reminiscing here, does anyone remember Dave's Diary in
the ADA Forecast?  It was probably in the 50s, maybe early 60s, that I
remember reading it.  As I recall, it talked of inconveniences of everyday
life with diabetes, but was a lot more upbeat than I could identify with.
About 20 years ago I asked one of the Forecast editors what ever happened to
him, but there didn't seem to be much continuity at the publication and she'd
never heard of the column.  It's not that I really want to learn that he had
both legs amputed and was blind before he died of his kidney disease, but I
always wondered if he was able to keep up that optimism <gr.>.

Linda Z