[IP] Re: Type 1 vs type 2

In a message dated 6/27/02 11:04:10 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<   Perhaps some doctors use the possibility of
 insulin injections as a threat???  >>

Actually, many primary care docs do use the possiblity of insulin injections
as a threat, sad to say. I had to ask my PCP to put me on insulin. And,
believe me, I felt *much* better withihn a week!

<< "And these people all assume that diabetes (type 1) in your child is no
deal--their child's asthma is a far, far greater health problem" >>

As an aside, I have asthma, too. Truthfully, I "like" having diabetes better.
At least with diabertes you can breathe. :-\

As for your comment about me having a vast knowledge of diabetes, I suppose
you're correct. Problem is that I think I'm the "normal" one! Hey, it's
normal for *me*! LOL

Jan and Elvis