Re: [IP] T-2 DM

I haven't been following this thread so sorry if I'm off here.
When people hear "diabetes" they instantly think of high blood glucose. But it's
actually the word mellitus that means "sweet like honey".

Here's another way of looking at it. Diabetes is the name of a symptom. It means
""to pass through" in Greek or something. ... as if "being siphoned or passed
through the body". (Because a person with diabetes will urinate a lot, if it's not
controlled.)
In this respect, saying "I have diabetes" is similar to saying "I have headaches"
or "I have muscle spasms". ("I have xyz symptoms")

There are several diseases that cause a person to urinate a lot (diabetes). The
diseases really haven't ever been named properly named.  They are different
diseases. I also get pretty irritated when people, especially health professionals
don't know the difference. It's like saying:
"well a brain tumor causes a headache symptom
and a hangover causes a headache symptom.
Therefore a brain tumor and a hangover are the same disease."

I'd love to see the diseases named and separated so that people (the general
population) understand that they are not the same disease.

disease A: (type 1) = immune system disorder that causes frequent  urination and
high blood sugar

disease B: type 2 = pancreas disorder that causes that causes frequent  urination
and high blood sugar

disease C: diabetes insipidus = kidney disorder that causes that causes frequent
urination

disease D: gestational diabetes = vitamin deficiency, etc.  that causes that
causes frequent  urination and high blood sugar
disease x:, etc.