Re: [IP] Pumps for sale on Ebay

On 6/26/02 6:59 PM, "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Is this even legal?  Inside where my cartridge goes on my 508 it specifically
> says "FEDERAL (USA) LAW RESTRICTS THIS DEVICE TO SALE BY OR ON THE ORDER OF A
> PHYSICIAN" - to me that means it may not be dispensed without a prescription.

> Just wondering if this concerns anyone else besies myself.
>
> I know that when I switch to my Paradigm, I will have a few 508 supplies
> left, and I will probably donate them to someone on this list - if anyone is
> interested.

Yes, the legality of the transfer could be questioned by some authorities,
however there are certain situations where I would have NO question about
it.  Look at your situation, you'll be trading in your 508 when you get your
Paradigm.  Ever consider having a backup pump?   Or if I wore one of my
H-trons into water and it did short out, don't you think I should be able to
get another pump at some greater discount than what Disetronic might offer?

Yes, "caveat emptor", but also "carpe diem".      :>)      For any
experienced pump user this would be unquestionable, IMHO.

George