Re: [IP] First Animas problem

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pete Tinker" <email @ redacted>
To: "pumpers" <email @ redacted>
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 4:37 PM
Subject: [IP] First Animas problem
> My off-the-cuff explanation is that earlier Animas pumps were not tested
> sufficiently at elevations near sea level (I live near Los Angeles).
> Since priming involves detecting pressure against the syringe plunger,
> the greater air pressure near sea level may have caused the pump to
> determine, incorrectly, that it had primed successfully.
> In any case, if you're having problems priming your Animas, and you have
> a GREEN (not a WHITE) backlight on your display, you may have a pump
> with the weaker priming motor.  I'd recommend having Animas replace it.
> --
> - Pete Tinker
>   HRL Labs

That's a good theory, but however, I do think it is innaccurate. I
experienced similar problems with my original Animas, but I do not live at
sea level...that is very far off. I live at 7200 feet. I know of people who
have not had one ounce of problem, yet others that have had to get it
replaced. Unless they have a problem with it, it would not be worth
replacing, for their pump may work tremendously well. Yes the fsecond pump
has updated software in it, buit it is not that much different than the
original, and as far as I know the motor is the same strength as the
original. Just my two cents worth...

Cherry and Wild Cherry Jubilee