Re: [IP] Re: IP Insurance and your rights

----- Original Message -----
From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 10:50 AM
Subject: [IP] Re: IP Insurance and your rights

> My silly question is: Why do many people with type 2 know about type 1,
> many type 1s don't know about type 2?
> Jan and Elvis

Well I guess the answer to this is that we all tend to view things from our
personal perspective.  To me it seems that the reverse is true.  I can't
tell you how many times I've told someone that my son has type 1 diabetes to
they reply "I do too."  I then ask them, just to be sure, if they are type 1
or type 2 and
most of them tell me they don't know.  So I ask them if they are insulin
dependent.  "Oh no!  Is your son?"