RE: [IP] Re: IP Insurance and your rights

Yeah, what Beverly said. Are you sure you're not backwards with that
question Jan? Seems like the majority of the world, including a lot of type
2 diabetics don't know that there is a type 1 and type 2.

I like the awareness going on with the ADA commercials, but even there they
don't differentiate between type 1 and type 2. They just have older,
over-weight people. So what's everyone to think, except exercise and eat
right. Well that logic, as screwed up as it is, doesn't work with a type 1.
I guess a beautiful, *healthy looking* child with type 1, doesn't evoke much
sympathy either.

Maybe that healthy looking child, with the captions "Ever had a finger
prick? Try 5,000 a year" or "How do you like shots? She had 1,500 last year"
with 5,000 lancet devices and 1,500 syringes neatly laid out on a table in
front of her.

Hmmm, I just got another idea for the walk letter. Sorry I digressed.

Mike Swaithes
Alicia (9) & Lindsey (Z) 12, dx 5/98

> My silly question is: Why do many people with type 2 know about type 1,
but many type 1s don't know about type 2?
> Jan and Elvis

interesting question.....everyone I know with type 1 children know about
2 and the differences....i have know many type 2's that don't know the