[IP] Re: IP Insurance and your rights

Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease. Basically, your body attacks and
"kills" the insulin-making cells. People with type 1 always have to take

Type 2 is insulin resistance plus beta cell dysfunction and it is
progressive. Generally, by the time type 2 diabetes is discovered, about 50
percent of the beta cells are gone. The beta cells continue to decline over a
period of time. Up to half of people with type 2 progress to insulin. Some of
us get our insulin via insulin pumps. :-) Since my diagnosis in 1986, I've
gone from diet and exercise to orals to insulin.

My silly question is: Why do many people with type 2 know about type 1, but
many type 1s don't know about type 2?

Jan and Elvis

<<  --- Bobbi L Greer <email @ redacted> wrote:
 > I am a type 2 diabetic , 50 yrs old and was dxd in
 > 1986 at age 37. My diabetes
 > was caused by a pituitary tumor which caused
 > acromegaly and  so on.
 Hi Bobbi! I have an honest question that I hope no one
 finds offensive or dumb....you say that you are a type
 2 diabetic and yet you seem to use way more insulin
 than I do (a type 1), do equal or more testing and are
 on the pump.  What is the line of distinction between
 type 1 and type 2?  I am not trying to cause problems
 here, just wondering.  Thanks for anyone out there
 helping me out!  Cynthia