[IP] Gastroparesis : What happens to the insulin?

"After eating sometimes my BS goes up to 200-400 2hrs later. To get the BS
down I bolus about the same amount as needed. Is the insulin destroyed. The
amount of insulin is doubled.
Thanks, Eddie"

Eddie- During times like this your body IS absorbing the insluin,if you test
after you eat you will see that your sugars are actually going low! When
your food finally starts getting digested (a few hours later) you are then
high. Talk to your pump trainer and/or Dr. on how to use the square wave
bolus feature on your pump...it will distribute the insulin you need for the
meal you ate over a longer period of time. Also pay attention to what meals
are causing this if you are not already, so that you can plan accordingly.