[IP] Problems with Medtronic MiniMed?

Hello All,

I have been using an insulin pump for 7 years, 6.5 of those years was with
Disetronic.  Last year I followed the advice of my CDE and Endo and "upgraded"
from the Disetronic HTron to a pump that had the sexy features of the square
and dual wave bolus.  (Ooh laa laa)

I jumped aboard the MiniMed bandwagon because of the "step program"-buy the
non waterproof pump(508) and as soon as the pump that is just like the 508 but
waterproof comes out we will automatically upgrade you to that one (the

The roll out date was delayed and I did not receive my pump in February, March
or May as promised, but my new pump is on the way-IN SEPTEMBER!  To add insult
to injury, I must travel 170 miles from a population base of 200,000 people to
go to a REQUIRED training to even receive this pump.

I am starting to think I made a bad choice to leave Disetronic.  Has anyone
had these types of problems with MiniMed?  If so how did you solve the
situation?  I am having no luck with this company and my reaction to the
Softset, Quickset is making this summer a tough diabetic summer with the
prospect of Kayaking, Swimming, Stream Hiking becoming a real test of