Re: [IP] Blinders on the 'cure'

In a message dated 6/26/02 1:27:08 AM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> Doesn't sound much more than a bunch of double talk to me!!!  Sorry, don't
> mean to offend anyone, especially those involved in JDRF or anything else.
> But while all this money is being raised, and the attention is being
> focused
> on finding the ever allusive cure there are REAL people out here living
> their
> daily lives dealing with this disease who could really use some HELP in
> their
> daily lives!  Where is all the money for THAT??!!!

I was around before the JDRF was organized and it was begun for the sole
purpose of finding a cure for diabetes by parents wanting a cure for their
children. It is a worthy cause just as ADA is worthy for what they do for
advocacy and daily life. Although I want my daughter's life as easy as
possible, I also want a cure for her. As we all know this is a nasty
disease....it was hard watching my brother with all his complications and
harder to watch in my eight year old child who already has depression,
neuropathy and from the looks of her latest labs, her kidneys aren't doing so
well...will know more next week....this with the tightest control we can
get......so, many groups, like people are different, but differentness does
not make their goals unworthy...JMO