[IP] PDA software.

You might want to know that the FDA approved two BG meter plug-ins for the
Handspring Visor on June 12. One is for Accu-Chek and one is for the
TheraSense FreeStyle. I don't know how much the Accu-Chek one is, but the
FreeStyle Tracker is $299, with a $75 rebate if you buy it as a set with a

Both store your BG info and allow you to do charts and graphs and all that,
plus enter activities, meds, A1Cs, etc. The FreeStyle includes a food chart
that the Accu-Chek does not. As I recall, the Accu-Chek has an infrared
thingy that allows you to beam the info to another type of PDA. But I don't
want to dig through my notes right now (or even find them!), so don't quote
me on that. <g>

You might want to check those out if you're thinking about getting a PDA.

Jan and Elvis

<< I'm considering using a PDA to track all my info.  I've used the Diabetes
 Pilot a little on an older Palm V.  It seems like it's a lot of time and
 trouble to always enter the data.  Is anyone using one of these programs
 finding it worth while?  I would probably upgrade to a PDA with a color
 if I do it.  Thanks.    John >>
I used glucopilot. I liked the pie chrart and hostogram, so did my doc. I
now use Animas EZ Manager. It is a nice program but has no graphic ability,
which I find sorely lacking. Its nice the FDA approved it, lots of us are
doing well using unapproved software some self written in Access, Paradox or
Excel. OMG I hope the FDA doesn't find out! Perhaps they will require an
approval circular top be packaged with the software. Another thing about EZ
Manager it has no capability for setting a high starting blood sugar, you
have to click your way to 300 or 400, that's lots-o-clicks. Of course
software is never released in its final form. spot

A. L. Bender, M. D.