[IP] Long distance pump docs, effects of wildly swinging blood sugars.

Lisa Lyman <email @ redacted>
> > > I am a parent of a five year old who was diagnosed with diabetes
> > > 2000.   We are located in Madison Height's VA and there are no doctors
> in
> > > this are that are administer the pump. I am very worried about the
> > > term effects these highs and low's will have on Matthew's health if we
> have
> > >
> > > to go on with the shots like this for another 7 or 8 years when his
> doctor
> > > will allow the pump.
> > >

> > Many of us have had to fight, change endos and travel distances to get
> > kids on the pump....it is worth it....good luck
> > Beverly
Believe it or not, doctors know that highs are bad for your blood sugar but
we don't have a quantitation about lows. I'm more concerned about the JDRF's
focus on grants for a cure but none for fundamental research on the day to
day diabetes "bs". I looked on Medline but did not see a study which has
been done on the pathology of the brain in hypoglycemia.  Its easy to do if
it can get funded. spot
A. L. Bender, M. D.