Re: [IP] TYPE 1.5

Carl!  Wish I knew more words than I do for "thank you"...I am so, well- relieved...

I was recently hospitalized for KDA, having been treated for Type II for years. I
have known all along that I am insulin "sensitive", going into hypoglemic episodes
two or three times a day, on days when I exercise, despite trying to raise my carb
intake, lowering my Novolog intake, etc...I finally took myself off the Novalog all
together, and when I treated myself with gallons of Gatorade during a flu episode, I
paid a royal price with a short vacation at my local hospital. Dumb,I know, but I
was frustrated and very concerned about the seizures which seemed uncontrollable.
Tomorrow I see a new endo.

What I did learn, though, is that my previous endo suspected Type I- (I just learned
this, this week, from my medical record).  Now, having read this very excellent
article Carl is promoting, my understanding of my history and present condition is
les is less baffling.  The prototypical Type 1.5 described (the symptoms and
treatment history) are very familiar. I urge anyone who develops problems responding
to oral medications over time, anyone who lacks the typical profile of the Type II
victim, and those who are "switched" from a Type II to Type I diagnosis to
"mouseclick" to this article.  I cannot wait to show it to my endo tomorrow.  -
Karen