Re: [IP] Stuff that makes tape stick

On 6/25/02 12:55 AM, "Gail Donohue" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Hi all
> I recently had surgery and my primary dr was checking the sutures and replaced
> the steri strips when done and put this miracle stuff on to hold the strips
> and tape.
> It's called Tincture of Benzoin. It has a benadine base and is very sticky.

Congratulations, you've just discovered what has been called "Gorilla Snot"
by many on the list.

> Will report back when I get it how expensive the stuff is. At this point if it
> helps and I can keep a site longer than a day or two and spend the summer in
> the pool it's worth it.
> Gail

Not expensive at all, generally under $5 for a two ounce bottle that can
last an eternity.  I have two bottles of it because I forgot it when going
on vacation one time, and both are better than half full after pumping for
almost four years.