[IP] Stuff that makes tape stick

Hi all

I recently had surgery and my primary dr was checking the sutures and replaced the steri strips when done and put this miracle stuff on to hold the strips and tape.

It's called Tincture of Benzoin. It has a benadine base and is very sticky.

I went swimming 5x and lounged in the pool for 2-4 hours at a clip and the tape was still holding. I asked the Dr if I could use this for my sites and he said sure. Called CVS and I'll have a bottle next Wednesday!!!

The bonus was that I have been having a problem with rashes under the tape for the sites and have tried several different kinds of tape with no luck. I was expecting to see a rash around the suture but everywhere this stuff was it acted like a barrier and no rash.

I think I have finally found a great solution to tape sticking and rashes for me!!

Will report back when I get it how expensive the stuff is. At this point if it helps and I can keep a site longer than a day or two and spend the summer in the pool it's worth it.