Re: [IP] novolog v humalog - Rx's written

On 6/24/02 3:31 PM, "gail d" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> so they can give me "just enough".  Plus I pay FOUR
> times as much for Novolog with insurance.  (probably
> another reason they don't want to give me 2 bottles
> for the price of one).
> One of these days I'll figure it out - or not! :-)

Tell your Doctor to write you a Letter of Medical Necessity for the Novolog.
They will deny that, so ask for documentation on their appeal process.  Keep
a copy of all correspondence and follow the prescribed process.  Then
threaten to take it to the state insurance commission.  Usually before it
reaches this point they will give up, but if not, let us know and 4,000
angry pump fanatics can be a force they can't contend with.       ;>)