Re: [IP] RE: Waterproof, Watertight, Water Resistant

In a message dated 6/21/2002 10:20:22 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Subject: [IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #408
> Actually, Disetronic's own website says "Waterproof". Their reps say
> "Waterproof", at least ours does. You are supposed to be able to swim with
> it on (According to their website, literature, and reps).
> Incidently, we had the opportunity to "test" out the waterproofness of our
> son's DTron this last week at Lake Powell. It failed, completely,
> unrecoverable. It was in the water less than 30 seconds.

Oh Allison,
I'm so sorry to hear about your son's dtron dying, my goodness!
I went swimming with mine last saturday, was in the water for about 25
minutes swimming and playing, got out dried the pump off and it was fine.
Hope you got your replacement and that it does better in the future.

Faith and Sweetie Pie my sweet blue dtron
diabetic 20 years and happy to be here