[IP] Insertion sets in the thigh

In a message dated 6/24/02 2:24:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> <<Why is it not supposed to be a good idea? Who tol dyou this? I have used
> my
> thigh repeatedly throughout my 8 years on the pump. I find it is a very
> comfortable place and it absorbs well. I know others have had the same
> success with this spot. I am just curious as to where you got this
> information....
> Cherry & Wild Cherry Jubilee>>

I don't know who told him that, but I haven't had much success with the
thigh, either.  My thighs are rather muscular.  If I walk very much, the
insertion set always works its way out or gets blocked.  I have a teenaged
friend that is in the middle of basketball practice this summer.  She can't
use her thigh because she runs so much and the sight works its way out of her
leg.  Extra taping does no good, because the tube is what comes out of the

I have also found that we men must usually wear pants and pants tend to rub a
lot on the thighs.  In the summertime, I can sometimes use my thigh for the
weekend because I can wear shorts a lot.  All of us are different.  I guess
thighs work well for some, but not for me.