From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of email @ redacted
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 10:40 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] What happens to the insulin?

        A question occurs to me based on a recent experience with a bad site
not
absorbing the insulin, and I took a lot (30-40 units more than normal
based on all other considerations).  What happens to the insulin?  I
gather it is not absorbed into the blood system to be distributed around,
so does it just sit there for the rest of my life, or is it somehow
destroyed without ever impacting on my blood sugars?  If the latter, does
anyone know the mechanism which destroys it?  Obviously this is just a
question I would like to answer, as I can't see how it would impact on
treatment.

                                        Shel