[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #414

In a message dated 6/24/02 12:59:43 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< >>>Orville Redenbacher's Light Buttered Popcorn says it's 19 grams of carb.
Fred G. >>>

That's 19g per SERVING - not per BAG. ;) Pop it, and if the packages says
five servings, divide it into 5 equal portions. Note that amount for future
reference. (~_^) >>

LOL  Fred's post made me go check the bag from which I had eaten last night,
for which I had bolused as if there were 15g in the 3 cups I ate -- which was
my memory of what I used to bolus for popcorn, not having eaten it in a long
time.  It turned out there were 2 opened boxes of ACT II Light Butter
popcorn, both with 3.0 oz size bags, but one saying this bag had "about" 2
servings at 27g carb each, and one saying "about" 3 servings at 18g each
(that was the "new and improved" one).  The former says, "As popped, 1 cup
provides ... 5g total carbhydrate" and the latter says "...4g...", but I
assume this is not a real difference since the total unpopped weights and
total carbohydrates seem to be equal in both bags.  Since both had the same
4.5g fat per serving, the "improvement" would seem to be a higher fat
content, along with the assumption of a smaller serving.

Linda Z