[IP] novolog v humalog

Just want to say thank you to everyone who provided
information about their experiences with Novolog &
Humalog.  I made the switch to Novolog last week (MM
507C) - I cannot believe the huge difference in my
BGs!!  I started using Humalog in Oct 2001 and have
had only constant ups & downs ever since.  With
Novolog I'm waking up under 150 and basically stay
around 100 all day long.  All my basal rates have been
reduced by at least .1 u/hour.  And yesterday, for the
first time ever, I used the temp basal rate during a 2
hour tennis match and my BGs stayed constant.  I am
simply AMAZED at the difference.

I do have one question about insurance coverage.  How
do most physicians write the prescription for your
Novolog so that you can get more than one bottle at a
time?  I am struggling to squeeze the last few units
out of a bottle before I can pick up the next one at
the pharmacy.  My endo will do whatever I ask - just
need to know how to get the right wording on the Rx so
I can have an extra bottle at all times.

Thank you again!!

-gail in Denver
Type 1, dx 2/14/72, no complications, pumping off & on
since 1986.  Using MM pumps constantly since 1993.  Am
ready to move to Animas R1000 as soon as my insurance approves.

Do You Yahoo!?