[IP] Taping the Extra Tubing

Hi Fred-

There are a number of things you can try.  Lots of pumpers make 'safety
loops' to tape down the extra tubing AND/OR prevent the infusion set from
popping out if the pump should drop-  which happens.  I've used Smith and
Nephew's  High MVP Transparent Dressing (2 3/8" x 2 3/4") and Kendall's
Polyskin II about the same size.  These are great, but are sterile and
pricey.  I've debated (with myself- LOL) about why I need a sterile dressing
to tape down the coil and have switched - at least part of the time- to
paper tape (which is inexpensive, available at any pharmacy and comes off
without taking your skin with it.  The other 2 do the same.)  The only time
I've really had trouble with the paper tape is during really sweaty times
and on occasion  - heavy duty water aerobics- I'll still use the Smith and
Nephew Dressing - they just work better.  The S& N runs close to $90.00 for
100, the paper tape costs less than $5.00.  I've cut the S&N dressing into
strips too with good, though more limited success.

Someday when 'they' realize there are pumpers on earth we will get a new
product - costs $25.00 to $50.00 - that'll meet our specific needs, until
then good luck and happy pumping.