[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
  [Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Re: [IP] Travel

In a message dated 6/23/2002 7:07:16 PM Mountain Daylight Time, 
email @ redacted writes:

> THis is regarding the medical card from disetronic..
>  THey just automatically sent it to me in the mail after 9/11.
>  So, you could probably just call and have them send you one.

While there's nothing wrong with having a medical card from your pump 
company, the security person who was asking for one was NOT applying current 
security regs.  Neither a medical card, nor a letter from a doctor/hospital 
or a written prescription are what is needed.  Basically, for your pump 
and/injection related paraphenalia you need insulin (and probably the box it 
comes in) because what required by the Transportation Security Administration 
is the preprinted pharmacy LABEL with your name on it for the insulin.   To 
get the straight scoop, I suggest going to the source.  Here is a link to the 
TSA's page (scroll down to the section that specifically outlines info for 
people with diabetes):  <A 
HREF="http://www.tsa.dot.gov/workingwithtsa/tips_disabilities.shtm">TSA - 
Traveling with Disabilities</A> 

Pumpmama to Katie
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml