[IP] Pump question

Pumpers -

I am probably going to get on an insulin pump soon. I wore one for a day
with saline solution. At nighttime I rigged up a sock for it strapped to
my leg just below the knee and that worked reasonably well. But the
insertion site was in my abdomen and the tube was pretty long, so I
coiled part of it up to take up the slack and put some scotch tape
around the coil. That didn't work too well, by the time I woke up the
coil had pulled together almost enough to put a kink in the line. Any
solutions? I'm afraid to leave the coil off altogether because that will
leave too much slack and that makes me nervous. I'm thinking of using my
thigh as the insertion so the line will be shorter, even though that's
not supposed to be such a good idea.

Fred G.