[IP] re: type 1 vs. type 2

I'm not sure of the name of the test, but when I was diagnosed about 6 years
ago, it was as a type 2, the test showed how much insulin I was producing,
about  1 1/2 yrs ago the test was run again due to my BG being totally out of
control, and it showed I was a type 1.

I started on diet, then maxed out on glucophage and amaryl, and then went on
shots, and finally (Thank God) to the pump, I also have hyperactive thyroid.

My endo said that she sees quite a few go from type 2 to type 1, but it
usually takes along time, and when they are older.