Re: [IP] Scar Tissue and Infusion Sets

email @ redacted writes:

<< A CDE told me to stop using my abominal area for my infusion sites -
 something I've been doing, rotation wise, for about 4+ years. >>
My son has been pumping almost 2 years and has scar tissue on his abdomen
also.  The doc said to use hips, legs, or buttocks.  He has been using his
hip area with good results even though people have said the insulin doesn't
absorb as well the farther out you go from your belly button.  Luckily, that
hasn't been the case with my son.  How long did the CDE tell you not to use
your abdomen?  The endo told my son at least six months.