[IP] Scar Tissue and Infusion Sets

A CDE told me to stop using my abominal area for my infusion sites -
something I've been doing, rotation wise, for about 4+ years. He recommended
the area on my side (yeah I've seen the map) between hip bone and rib cage,
but my  Disetronic Rapids hurt there and do not respond well to aerobic
exercise.  Finally I started using my upper hip close to my lower back which
is something 'he' told me would cause delay problems.  Anyone have any
experience with this?  How long 'til I can use my abdomen again?  I never
did notice any lumpy scar tissue- or is it invisible?  Thanks.

Dianne (Diagnosed 1965, pumping 4+ years)