[IP] PARADIGM update

    Just wanted to post the GOOD NEWS that Melissa changed the battery today
in her second Paradigm (not an upgrade- insurance paid for this one, since
she was beyond 4 years)............and IT WORKED FINE!!!!!!!!!
    She had encountered the identical problem others have mentioned here,
where the memory was wiped out each time she changed the battery. I have to
wonder if there wasn't a problem with a particular batch of pumps
manufactured together, since those other posts coincided with the timing for
Melissa's first pump, received in early April. MM sent us a second Paradigm,
when we complained after it happened twice.
     So not only is she a "happy camper" (technically a happy camp
COUNSELOR!), but "touch wood", we are seeing the best numbers she's had in
YEARS...which I attribute to several factors:
     a) using Novolog....AMAZINGLY better...to the point where she joked
"maybe I'm cured???"
     b) eating MUCH healthier, now that she's away from dorm food
     c) using FAR less insulin (and starting to lose her "freshman 15" weight
gain), since she's eliminated the abundance of carbohydrate-laden food that
college kids eat..which also means that the 170 units lasts longer than it
was initially....
     She LOVES not hearing the "click-click-click" of her older MM pump, & is
overall happier with the Paradigm, with the reservoir insertion, etc. The
battery is lasting almost consistently 3 weeks ( she doesn't use the remote).
Waterproofing is not an issue, since even though she will be in the pool
daily with her 3 yr old campers, the thought of holding a child in her arms &
having little toes accidentally get caught in the tubing & yank out the site,
makes disconnecting a much better option!!
     So after figuratively holding my breath for 3 weeks, & crossing my
fingers as she changed the battery today, I'm happy to post that, earlier
problems notwithstanding....and the "access issues" for those of you awaiting
the upgrade from your recently purchased 508 to a Paradigm notwithstanding,
....we are once again satisfied MM customers...which we had always been since
1996, until the recent "memory loss" concerns. Bad enough for mom & dad to be
dealing with memory loss- we don't expect that in a $5000 pump!!! LOL
Renee (pump mom to 19 yr old Melissa - dx'd at age 9)