Re: [IP] Carb counting question

> Orville Redenbacher's Light Buttered Popcorn says it's 19 grams of
> carb. When you pop it, at the bottom of the bag there are always some
> unpopped kernels, and it's always about the same amount. Does anyone
> know if that is included in the 19 grams?

Interesting question, and one I don't know the answer to.

However, a related point is the accuracy of food labels. I
looked up the requirements in the FDA regulations (see their
web site - http://www.fda.gov, more specifically see 21 CFR
101.9). The only requirement is that the food contain 80% of
the carb the label says it has. So Orville has a lot of wiggle
                          - Bluejay Adametz, CFII, A&P, AA-5B

Plush code 2.0: P[bun,bir]/>F[bun,bir] B++ BB  C++ E FF+ I++
!M !MM N++
                O+ Sp+ Sf Takm+rsz ma++
Furry code 1.3: FA6a A-- C- D H+ M- P++++ R+ T+++ W- Z S# RLCT
a++ cvul++
                d+ e+ f++++ h+ i+ j+ p- s#