Re: [IP] Re:Paradigm problems

  The overall ratio of minimed pumps to other pumps is
why you see more complaints about minimed.  Most of the
pumps sold in this country are Minimed Pumps.  I have a
minimed 508 and love it.  I have used this pump since
6/9/00.  I did have to send it back once cause i got a
bunch of no delivery alarms.  I believe I was speaking
to minimed between 4  and 5 EST.  They had a pump to me
by 9:30 am the next day.  This was after one person had
went over troubleshooting the pump with me.  We got it
back to working and then it did it again.  Pumps are an
electronic machine.  With any piece of electronic
machines you have you will encounter a variety of
problem.  In dealling with Minimed over the last 2 year
they have been great for me.  One time I called after
being told I was not going to get a Sil Serter with my
orde.  I hung up the phone got annoyed and phoned
Minimed back.  I explained that if i were unable to
insert a sil on my own due to injury I did not feel my
mom could do it.  The women talked to someone else while
I was on hold since they did not have any sil serters
available in her area.  They were on back order.She
came back on and transferred me to another lady.  She
took my name and address an the sil serter was here in 2
days.  When I first started using the sils minimed sent
me sets at least 3 or 4 different times.  Then I asked
if i could exchange the soft sets for the Sils.  They
even took the ones not in a box back for me.  Oh yes,
and my latest a1c was 6.8 MY LOWEST EVER.  Getting off
my soap box now.  Wait maybe not now.  I also know that
due to my RSD the spinal stimulor I may end up on will
probably be made by minimed.  I also imagine the
epidural pump maybe made by them also.
   Wendy Ort, one very happy minimed custermor, curley
blue(mm 508 pump), MOe the Freestyle meter and Larry the
lancer togethere we are the three stooges.