[IP] Re: Post meal dosing

I seem to be doing my correction boluses differently than what I have been
reading from members of this group. I don't hesitate to give a correction
bolus at any time I'm high, whether it's one, two, three or four hours after
a meal. I'm using the unused insulin principle (3rd ed. Pumping Insulin) for
high blood sugar boluses only. I don't consider any basal insulin that's
working or any bolus I took to cover the food I ate as part of this unused
insulin. Any time after a meal I am over 140 I correct down to 100. Since
getting used to the pump I have very few unexplained lows and the ones I
have are less severe.