[IP] Re:Neuropathy or Carpal Tunnel

I had a similar situation about a year ago.  I had what I thought was
Carpal Tunnel.  When I went for the nerve conduction tests the neurologist
told me that it was Neuropathy not Carpal Tunnel.  I already knew that my
feet will go to sleep at times in certain positions and that this was due
to a Polyneuropathy.  Since I had a Carpel Tunnel surgery on the other hand
a number of years previous, I felt that the symptoms were very similar to
that hand.  I asked for a second opinion and the 2nd Neurologist also felt
that there was a good chance that it was Carpel Tunnel, not the
Neuropathy.  When I talked to the hand surgeon, she said that the only way
to be sure was to go in and if that is what I wanted she was
willing.  Well, after living with a hand that was numb more often than not
and it was beginning to affect my work.... I decided to go for the
surgery.  The recoup time was not long and I was back on the job in about
ten days as I recall.  It may be worth it for you!  I will do it again if I
ever need to.