[IP] DTron "Waterproof"

Go to http://www.disetronic.com -> Products and Therapies -> Insulin
Pumps ->
DTron -> Features and Benefits
Scroll down to "Waterproof"

What also amazes me is that their "US" website claims that the DTron
provides the
"added benefit of safety for intentional and/or accidental contact with

They are not only claiming that is both watertight and waterproof, but they
marketing this as a safety feature.

I can tell you we didn't feel so safe in the Emergency Clinic with my son
up to an IV.

Mom to Tarek, age 10, IDDM, dx 11-16-1998
Pumping DTron since 1-12-2001
Denver, Colorado

Things must have changed.  Though their Search engine wasn't functioning for
me on their website, I looked at all the pages (I believe) about the D-tron
and the strongest wording I found was  "watertight"   I downloaded the
current manual for the D-tron and it also went no further than "watertight."
Granted there isn't much difference in that wording, but I feel that any use
of the word "waterproof" carries such a strong assurance of reliability that
most manufacturers are afraid of using the word.  I know Disetronic is, I'm
an H-tron user.       ;>)