RE: [IP] Recent travel thru airport

I had a similar experience when I flew recently for business.  I had to go
through security when flying out at LAX and then coming home from Nashville.
  When I went through the check point at LAX, the woman asked what it was, I
told her.  She asked if I could take it off and I said "not without
unzipping my pants."  I reached for the top button on my jeans and she
quickly said "that's alright! I believe you."  I may be an extrovert but I'm
not about to strip completely at the LAX security check point...  She
quickly sent me and my bags on our way.

When I came home from Nashville, I was pulled aside and scanned thoroughly.
They didn't make me disconnect from the pump but I did have to take it off
my belt and show them the reservoir inside.  That satisfied their curiosity.

Considering the amoung of traffic that comes through LAX, I'm surprised that
the security in Nashville made me feel more secure.

Point of interest...  the pump doesn't set off the alerts in the detectors
that you have to walk through.

Don't let the space for what you always wanted
Be filled by what you've settled for instead.