[IP] Re: meters - yet again

> About 10 years ago, Medisense sold a meter
> that was shaped and sized like a pen.  Of course, product lines change,
> apparently their Precision QID meter is sold in a pen format in Europe,
> mysteriously, not in the US. Scott

I know exactly what you are talking about. In fact, I was given one of those
pens - believe in '92 - and am STILL using it!!! It is the one I carry in my
purse - I use the Aaccu-Chek Complete at home. Those pens were/are good for
1000 tests and I know I have long surpassed that number. I was given, as a
back-up when the Medisense pen fails, a Precision Q*I*D. I'd suggest calling
1-800-527-3339 to see if they can give you one. My box is copyrighted 1999
so it's not that long ago (last century). I'd switch right now, but I have
over 200 strips for the pen and the Q*I*D takes a diff. kind. (~_^)

Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness