[IP] Re: D-tron user and water

I have worn a D-tron for 1 1/2 years and never had a problem. I wear it in
water, both fresh and salt. If I am snorkeling I take it off so I can go
below the 8 ft. limit. Also a note on water-tight and water-proof. Several
years ago watch companies stopped identifying watches as water-proof and
started using water-resistant to a specific depth, usually in meters. Even
the most expensive dive watches no longer make the claim water-proof. When I
got my D-tron, which I love, I was very careful about the claims and have
stayed within its limits. No claims were made about it being water-proof. I
would not trade it for anything. Everytime you put in a new battery or
adapter you are also putting in a new o-ring since they are self contained.
Disetronic also supplied me with a backup D-tron just as they do with the
H-tron at no charge. The people at Disetronic have been a great group to work
with.       Jim