[IP] waterproof

From: DR Birdsall <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #407

Bingo!  Michael has consistently been using the term "water resistant".
Others in the thread have been using "waterproof".  You're on the mark
concerning the difference between the two.  "Waterproof" has almost a legal
definition (any lawyers out there to help out?).

Carefully read the manufacturers' literature.  Listen carefully to the pump
reps.  If any rep says "waterproof" it is a slip-up, human error.  Others
working for the pump manufacturers may correct me, but I believe all pumps
currently marketed in the U.S. are merely water resistant.

Not true the Animas R-1000 is waterproof to 12 feet. Not Water resistant,
waterproof. a cleaver combination of o-ring seals and vents keeps it that
way. Nice pump too. spot
A. L. Bender, M. D.