[IP] waterproof

From: DR Birdsall <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #407

Allison:

Bingo!  Michael has consistently been using the term "water resistant".
Others in the thread have been using "waterproof".  You're on the mark
concerning the difference between the two.  "Waterproof" has almost a legal
definition (any lawyers out there to help out?).

Carefully read the manufacturers' literature.  Listen carefully to the pump
reps.  If any rep says "waterproof" it is a slip-up, human error.  Others
working for the pump manufacturers may correct me, but I believe all pumps
currently marketed in the U.S. are merely water resistant.

Dave

Not true the Animas R-1000 is waterproof to 12 feet. Not Water resistant,
waterproof. a cleaver combination of o-ring seals and vents keeps it that
way. Nice pump too. spot
A. L. Bender, M. D.