Re: [IP] stressed and confused.

I started on my paradigm a month ago, and had a day like you are describing
shortly after getting my basals all set up (had many like that before the
basals were figured out). I changed sets because it really seemed like
something out of the ordinary was wrong. When I looked at the cannula from
the old quickset, it was slightly bent - probably just enough to cause some
problems, but not enough to cause an alarm. My theory is that insulin was
only getting through in bursts, but that's just a guess. You might want to
try changing the set. Another thing that can cause problems like that for me
is if its the week before my period - that puts me on a roller coaster for
several days. I also saw all of my ratios change when I started on the pump.
You may want to see if you need to change any of your ratios.

Even in my short time on the pump, I have learned that the pump is a great
tool, but I still have diabetes and there are some wierd days for which I
have no explanation - I just do my best to correct and hope tomorrow is
better. As far as the eat anything anytime claim - I find I can do that
sometimes and not others - if I eat after 7:00 Pm I go either high or low
during the night - but if I basal test, the basals are perfect(have to work
on my insulin/carb ratios for evening snacks, but it takes time). Overall,
after two weeks my averages were worse than pre-pump (last A1c Before
starting was 6.8) and I was very frustrated, but now at the one month mark,
my averages are down in the 120's, and I feel like I'm starting to get the
hang of it. YMMV

Sorry this is so long, but I know where you're coming from. I was there not
too long ago - The pump is wonderful, but it is not a miracle, and there are
still restrictions. The first 2-3 weeks are the hardest, even with the great
support of the people on this list and support from doctors and family

Type 1 7 years(dxed at 17), pumping 1 month with "Buzz" the minimed paradigm

<snip> this whole pump thing was supposed to