In a message dated 6/19/2002 6:48:24 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Others
>  working for the pump manufacturers may correct me, but I believe all pumps
>  currently marketed in the U.S. are merely water resistant.

I believe the IPX7 & IPX8 ratings (which cover the D-tron, Paradigm, and
Animas R-1000) all use the term "watertight" . . . And I agree with Allison
-- as long as we follow manufacturer's recommendations for care (such as
changing the o-rings on the battery compartment -- in the case of the Animas
pump) these pumps should NOT get water inside them . . .

Pumpmama to Katie