[IP] DTron - Waterproofness - Water in Battery Compartment & Display - Need Stories

I would like hear from anyone/everyone who has/had a DTron pump and it
failed/errored when it got wet. Particularly, I am interested in water in
the battery compartment and display, but I would like to hear any other
stories regarding the DTron failing to be waterproof.

Mom to Tarek, age 10, IDDM, dx 11-16-1998
Pumping DTron since 1-12-2001
Now living in Denver, Colorado