[IP] creatnine

Okay having some scary stuff happen and I don't quite understand all of it.  I do have an appointment with the nephrologist on Friday and I am having a nuclear medicine study done today.  My creatnine is jumping like crazy.  In April it was 2.8, last week it was 3.8, this week it is 4.6.  I have learned that with me when I have pain in my kidneys it is related to my neprhotic syndrome and apparently is not a typical symptom.  But with me when there is pain, the kidney function is getting worse.  So my question to all of you is, what does all of this mean?  I am not sure even the questions to ask the doctor on Friday.  I am just very scared.  At what number do they "typically" start dialysis?  Any clue what else would cause my creatnine to be rising so quick?  I am not asking for medical advice just real life input to get my brain working in the right direction.  I feel like a deer in headlights right now.
type 1 3/83
pump 3/98