Re: [IP] Low Carb vs. Hi Carb/late night highs from dinner

I prepared a nice dish of fresh
> angle
> > hair pasta with a great garlic/basil pesto sauce
> last
> > night.  I thought that by doing a square wave
> bolus I
> > could avoid crashing and then the resultant high
> that
> > occurs later.  Not so!  I was 45 at bedtime and so
> had
> > a snack (did not really want to eat or drink
> anything)
> > and this morning I was 345!

This happens to me too. As long as the square wave
lasts (usually about 4 hours after the bolus) I'll be
perfect. A couple of hours after, or even in the wee
hours I shoot way up to the 300's. My doc of course,
says this is impossible, as food is digested and done
with after 4 hours. Well, I know that whether it's
digested or not it affects my BG's all night and into
the morning. And I don't rebound from lows.

Do You Yahoo!?