RE: [IP] RE: paradigm "waterproof" -- scuba

>  do you have to remove the infusion when diving?
No, the pressure outside is the same as inside you. The depth does
not make a difference

> I haven't got my
>  pump
> yet I should have it by the end of July. I have asked the reps from
> minimed and animus but they could not answer this. I try to go on at
> least 2 dive trips a year. Last trip was black tip shark dive in
> grand Bahamas. 86 feet deep. Can salt water enter through the
> infusion at depth?

No, but..... carry glucose gel in a twist off plastic tube with you
at all times and make sure your buddy has it as well. Inform the dive
master that you are diabetic and give him/her a quick course on
emergencies. If you dive bare skinned, be cautious about lows,
although SCUBA does not burn a lot of energy, you lose a lot through
direct contact with the water. My daughter tends to go high will
SCUBA diving, but low while skin diving. I think the deepest dive
she' done is probably about 100 ft off Monterey CA.