Re: [IP] Low Carb vs. Hi Carb

--- catherine popper <email @ redacted> wrote:
>  How, if I eat any breads, corn, potatoes, pasta,
> any
> > thing with flour I can be 350 within one hour even
> > if I bolus for carbs at 1unit/10gms then 4 hours
> > later I am crashing.  Not so on high fat high
> > protein with only vegetable carbs.

I can eat pizza (thin crust) by using the square wave
function but still have a terrible time with pasta and
"heavy" breads.  I prepared a nice dish of fresh angle
hair pasta with a great garlic/basil pesto sauce last
night.  I thought that by doing a square wave bolus I
could avoid crashing and then the resultant high that
occurs later.  Not so!  I was 45 at bedtime and so had
a snack (did not really want to eat or drink anything)
and this morning I was 345!  I think that pastas just
sit in my stomach forever and then suddenly get
"released" causing the frustrating ups and downs.
Blessings  Cynthia

Do You Yahoo!?