[IP] Need help, high B/P and heartrate...

Prior to last Chrismas, my B/P was relatively normal, sometimes slightly
elevated at the Dr's office when I'd just come in from outside running
across the parking lot to make it to my appointment in time, infant son in
tow, my heartrate was alreayd reasonable, in the 70's and 80's..

Then right after Christmas I got strep throat and ended up in the ER almost
in DKA.. I say almost because I wasn't there yet, but certainly without IV
fluids I would have been in no time.. and upon arriving my B/P was about
160/100 and my heartrate 145... since then, I have had elevated b/p's at my
Dr's office, between 130/75 and 140/90, and my heartrate is rarely below
100.. even resting, when I check at home, it's about 90-100.  My endo's
office was only concerned about this once, and so I had some thyroid tests
done, which actually came back borderline HYPOthyroid, so that wasn't likely
to be causing my problems, but they've seemed to have just dropped the

Meanwhile, I'm still worried, everytime I check my B/P at one of the "store"
machines, it's been REALLY high, last time it was 165/98 and my pulse was
112.. I often feel completely exhausted even if I haven't been doing
anything, and I get really bad headaches, and I know it's all related, but I
feel like it should be a pretty serious concern of my Dr's, and no one seems
to care.

A little about me, I'm 21, normal weight, eat reasonably healthy, I'm
basically already on the same "heart healthy" diet my mom is on becuase she
tends to come over and eat whatever I have around, so I make sure most of
what I keep is good for her (the few things that aren't are either
specifically for my husband or my son).  I have NO idea why my B/P is so
high, or why my heartrate is so fast, and I really don't know who to go to
for help!

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide.