[IP] Low Carb vs. Hi Carb

From: "Laura F." <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Re: 140 after meal?

> I would love to hear how others have managed
to obtain a 140 after meals and not crashed.

My experience is similar to others that have responded
here.....I am
(usually) able to keep my post-meal numbers well under
140 by eating a
low-carbohydrate diet.  I don't eat bread, potatoes, rice,
pasta, etc.
The carbs I do eat usually come from things like veggies,
nuts, and soy
products.  I rarely get bg "crashes" (especially since
starting the
pump!)  If my bg does start to drop, it generally does so
pretty slowly
and I'm able to correct it before it gets TOO low.

I've eaten low-carb for almost two years now, and my
numbers are so much
more stable than they were on a high-carb diet that it's
like night and day...
I live on the Ornish diet and it is high carb with almost no fat and no meat proteins.
I never have higher than 135 post prandial readings.
Wonder why that is.
When I ate meat etc., I had horrible numbers.