Re: [IP] Re: Post Meal BGs/Dosing

--- Donna <email @ redacted> wrote:
> "This summer (2001), however, the American College
> of Endocrinology came out
> with a new set of recommendations. Their most
> important suggestion? That you
> set yourself a target of keeping your HbA1c below
> 6.5.
> > that luxury. Anyway, for everyone like me, we all
> know ymmv. . . Donna
If i read you right, 1 unit drops you 100 points? 140
to 80 =60points with .6unit. My BS drops like that
also if I'm anywhere under 200. otherwise it takes
alittle more insulin. I also have trouble with post
meal BS. Usual meal 55-75gms Carb, at 1:17 say 4.5
units divided by 1/3 = 1.5 units left at 2 hours. If
at 200 drops me to below 100 at 3hours. Am I
understanding this right and what are we to do? I am
very frustrated in trying to keep constant good BS
readings also. And the more I exercise(run 15 miles a
week and lift) the more sensitive to insulin I become.
Any suggestions? meg

Do You Yahoo!?