[IP] Re: Off-pump procedures...

Hello, all -

Just would like some input on what is best to do when we're forced to
revert to shots (like I did a few weeks ago when my 508 died).

I spoke with my doctor yesterday but am not entirely pleased with his
advise.  He said to use Humalog for boluses, and long-acting (NPH or Lente
but not Lantus) for basals.  He warned that the downside would be to wait
12 hours for the long-lasting to finish working before going back on the
pump.  I did suggest using Regular for basals - Michael, didn't you say
Lily does that?? - but he said no.  What do you all do for optimum results?
For the approximately 12 hours I was off-pump, I used only Humalog, and
only for boluses and correcting highs.  I sort of swept the basals under
the carpet, since I thought injecting for boluses and basals at the same
time would result in a low.  As you can imagine, the results were not
great.  Not terrible, but not great, either.

Do we have a consensus on the best thing to do for off-pump shots?

Thanks very much to all.